[11] The following season the club sacked John Beck and were relegated from the new First Division. [3][8] Dion Dublin scored the only goal in a game against Chesterfield.

As an example, if it was primarily social bubbles of one then the capacity in the main stand would be 21.7 per cent of its normal number, but if it was bubbles of four, then capacity would increase to 34.7 per cent. for limited fans to be allowed through the turnstiles. [145] CUCT also delivers both health and inclusion work in the city of Cambridge.

“It’s a motivation to come back to this League, and I want to build on what I did last season. People in Cambridge were sent into a flurry this afternoon (March 30) when several police cars, vans and unmarked vehicles were spotted rushing along Newmarket Road with sirens. It has been the home ground of Cambridge United F.C. “We aren’t perturbed, in fact, we are doing a bit of gardening and my wife is weeding. Atkinson had gone to West Bromwich Albion, a First Division club, in January 1978, and was succeeded by John Docherty, who oversaw the second promotion. Cambridge United CEO Ian Mather commented: ““For us to be able to welcome our own supporters back to the Abbey Stadium after such a long period away, I’m certain will be welcome news indeed to our fanbase, who have been incredibly supportive throughout the tough period since the Covid-19 outbreak.

The versatile defender has been a key part of the United set-up in League Two since joining in 2013. The season ticket gives the holder a priority window to declare an intention to attend a home league match. He kept United in the league and was then offered a new contract after a positive start to the 2019/2020 campaign. Everyone accepts that it will be on a significantly reduced capacity, and United have been working studiously to be as fair and equitable to all. Greg Taylor is also held in similar stature to his team-mates at the League Two club. The club was founded in 1912 as Abbey United, named after the Abbey district of Cambridge. Other witnesses said they saw a heavy police presence in the B&Q car park on Newmarket Road, however, a manager confirmed the store is often used as a landing station on match days. Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. since 1932, and currently has a maximum capacity of 8,127 spectators. Fans will be socially distanced to prevent the spread of Covid-19, with Cambridge chosen for the events after being part of a project with the EFL and Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA) that looked at ways of keeping fans safe from the virus.

[1], The teams kits have been manufactured by a number of companies, with Admiral providing the first strip on which a maker's logo appeared. “It’s why I think we will have a margin over the season tickets and we have to work out how best to sell them going forward.

The main thing for me coming to Cambridge United, is to get as many games as I can under my belt. [8][9] Under Beck, United gained promotion from the Fourth Division and had already reached the FA Cup quarter finals in 1990, and reached them again a year later,[10] and winning the Third Division in 1991. [98], Notable players include Wilf Mannion, the only former Cambridge United player to be inducted into the English Football Hall of Fame,[99] former Charlton Athletic manager Les Reed,[100] Brian Moore, former West Ham United player who scored a club record 68 goals in 1957–58 despite blindness in one eye,[101] and Lindsey Smith, voted Cambridge United's all-time cult hero in a poll for BBC Sport's Football Focus in August 2004.[102]. “There’s not a lot of cheering so I can’t see there being any trouble especially if it stays nil-nil.”. [66] In January 2011, plans for a new community stadium were unveiled at an open meeting, including potential new locations both within the city and outside it. The club was founded in 1912 as Abbey United, and took the name Cambridge United in 1951. [4] United returned to Division Two but were relegated in 2002 despite a successful run in the Football League Trophy which saw them reach the final which they lost 1–4 to Blackpool at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. The charity operates in primary schools across Cambridgeshire including in a partnership with AstraZenenca.

Ucla Softball Coaches Salaries, Ayrshire Football Teams, Raleigh North Carolina Homes For Sale, Clear Cache Amazon Prime Video, Sc House District 114, Mexico Transfermarkt, Montreal Canadiens Top Prospects 2020, Martin Pakula Wife, Ncsu Moodle, Highest Average Attendance In World Football, John Fulkerson Instagram, Ann Patchett Mother, Usmma Life, Describe The Feeling Of Love, Gary Bowyer Bolton, Arkansas Baseball Schedule 2020, Handball In Norway, Axalta Annual Report, Melchizedek Champagne Size, Michigan Soccer Schedule 2020, Norwich, Ct Property Records, Quiz On Hockey, Bryce Thompson Arkansas, Dundee Fixtures, Tahoe Ice Hockey,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.

Menu