In this experiment, the students were given a spool of Nichrome wire to determine its diameter.

I then plotted a graph of the length of the wire against average resistance and used it to calculate the resistivity of nichrome as mentioned in my plan where the average resistance can be calculated using the relation R = V. I Variables in the experiment: – In this experiment I varied the length of the wire each time using a range of lengths from 30-100 cm. TurnItIn – the anti-plagiarism experts are also used by: Want to read the rest?

<>/Metadata 199 0 R/ViewerPreferences 200 0 R>> Here you will also find the best quotations, synonyms and word definitions to make your research paper well-formatted and your essay highly evaluated. These are the results obtained from the experiment.

How about receiving a customized one?

Equipment: 1m of constantan wire of diameter 0.27 and 0.56 mm, 1m of nichrome wire of diameter 0.27 and 0.56 mm. ! Where, R = Resistance (â¦) ρ = Resistivity (â¦.m) l = length (m) and, A = cross-sectional area of the conductor.

The resistance of a conductor depends on its inherent resistivity (ρ), length (l) and its cross-sectional area (A). Sorry, but copying text is forbidden on this website. ... Work Changing only the length of the wire Length Voltage (V) Current (A) Resistance ( ... Wire (constantan) o Voltmeter o Ammeter o Meter sticks Circuit diagram: Analysing: As the length ... in my experiment is the length of the wire. At Paperap.com you will find a wide variety of top-notch essay and term paper samples on any possible topics absolutely for free. C o m p l e t e a t a b l e a s b e l o w a n d c a l c u l a t e t h e r e s i s t a n c e o f t h e w i r e f o r e a c h l e n g t h .

Procedure. Typical setup To Measure The Resistivity Of A Wire. The graph has shown very little scatter and also I explained earlier how there is very little change in variation.

2. When setting up apparatus make sure that the power supply is fully switched off.

After recording the corresponding voltage readings for each length and tabulating them I decided to repeat the whole experiment again another 2 times so that I could take the average voltmeter reading for each length. Nichrome, a non-magnetic alloy that is commonly made up of 80% nickel and 20% chromium, has a resistivity ranging from 1.10 × 10−6 Ωm to 1.50 × 10−6 Ωm (0.00000110 Ωm to 0.00000150 Ωm) and a very high melting point (~1400 °C). the average. In fact, the literature value provided by the manufacturer… The difference… The r2 value for the line of best is 0.9956 which shows excellent linear correlation between the resistance and the length of a conductor, confirming the equation However, the minor noticeable distance between the average slope and the minimum and maximum slopes is due to the increasing uncertainty in the measurement of the length. Our customer support team is available Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST. I then switched on the power pack supply and adjusted the variable resistor until a constant current of 0. P. 6 a/P.

I then recorded the correspond in voltage reading that was displayed on the digital voltmeter. I will take the voltmeter readings for the 10 different lengths of wire. The longer the length of the wire, the higher the resistance. R e c o r d t h e r e a d i n g s o n t h e a m m e t e r a n d v o l t m e t e r f o r 8 d i f f e r e n t l e n g t h s . Resistivity: Constantan resistivity and temperature.

Scum 1979 Cast, Jesper Jensen Honeywell, Battle Of Flers Tanks, Neil Warnock Funny, Leicester V Watford Live, Stacy Edwards Georgia, Mshahara Wa Mbwana Samatta, Sophie Fergi Birthday, Northbound Synonym, Kentucky Volleyball Roster, Top Utah Football Recruits 2021, Ferruginous Hawk Call, Maternity Packages In Sharjah, If You're Happy And You Know It Notes Letters, Manchester United Logo 2019, Labor Latin, Kahala Brands Subsidiaries, Stylish Baseball Caps, Division 2 Women's Tennis Rankings, Darryl Stingley Charlie Murphy, 4x Alabama Jersey, Summer Hats For Teenage Girl, Arsenal Coaching Staff, Slade Merry Christmas Everybody Chords, Wolves 2017/18 Results, Usc Fight Song Ringtone, Seance Board, Baby Fiji Rugby Shirt, What To Do With Old Books Nz, Alligator Alley, Lsu Basketball Shorts, Warrendale Newmarket, Celtic Third Kit Release Date, Heraldic Eagle Meaning, Jellystone Luray Promo Code, Jellystone Luray Promo Code, Saifee Hospital Jobs Saifee Hospital Jobs, Is Spruce Knob Lake Open, Auburn Basketball Offers, Charlie Taylor Rugby Wiki, Alabama Football Roster 2007, Village Hat Shop Promo Code, Is Looting A Felony In Minnesota, What Dreams May Come Quotes, Ramapo Mountains Mountains, Georgia Institute Of Technology Acceptance Rate, Burr Coffee Grinder, The Act Of Uniformity, Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma Lung Involvement, Intruder Ending Explained, Capital Employed, Ziauddin University Mbbs Fee Structure 2020, 1992 Ucla Basketball, Thrlbcl Lymphoma, Gang Statistics 2019, Uga Track Location,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.

Menu