It would be a great place to swim in July and August and there were probably 6 nice places to camp. Thanks! I just did it again from that direction last month and I posted a trip report. Images Hiking these mountains all together in a loop is the preferred option. After a long day on the trail, most hikers prefer to take the Beckhorn Trail, which is marked, along with Hunter's Pass. Cascade Waterfall and Slide 1/9/16 Colden. We awoke at 6:30 a.m. and climbed the central Ring Finger Slide with a bushwhack of the ridge to the path and summit. Jay Dix Station is a trailhead for the MKT Trail. Either one can be followed. I'll hit 100,000 the next time I go out. It seems like more people hike Dix from the north (Rt 73 / Round Pond trailhead), but I think the way you did it is nicer. Looks like a great hike. Dix is situated far enough away to allow for a sweeping view of the entire length of the Great Range to the north. We chose the Beckhorn. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds... What a beautiful day in the woods today. From the parking lot at Elk Lake Lodge, follow a very well used marked trail to the Slide Brook campsites and lean-to. We got to see another trail (and I didn't have to lift the dog down any rock).

The first 2.3 miles of hiking to the Slide Brook lean-to were predictably muddy and wet, but relatively flat and beautiful. Hunter's Pass is a longer trail but slightly less steep than the Beckhorn. Remember still, while the paths are relatively plain, there are no markers on this route. Besides, starting the day hike at Lillian Brook area would give us some time to warm up on level ground before hitting the slide up to Macomb, giving our muscles and aerobic systems a little time to warm up. Leesa had difficulty getting up the rock and I helped her. Hough is one of the tougher sections in the range with tight herd-path conditions and rock scrambling to boot. Beckhorn Slide 12/22/12. Along the trail from the Elk Lake parking area to Dix Pond, look for eight primitive campsites and the Slide Brook and Lillian Brook lean-tos. Hopefully you'll get back to explore. Armstrong Mountain's East Face on ADK Almanac 12/27/13 Basin. Turn right here and follow this to the end of the road. It has a reservable shelter, playground, mountain bike skills course, full basketball court, fitness stations, and open play field. East Face 3/1/13 Cascade. Ahhhh. Kevin on the first pitch of the slide...it gets right to business. We lay there half-asleep (the royal we, my dad was actually standing taking pictures), and chatted with the same guy from the South/East col…who still had not found the South Dix summit!!!! Elk Lake Road is located off Exit 29 of I87, then west on Blue Ridge Road to a right on Elk Lake Road to parking at the end on the right.

The slide is mostly rubble, scree, and loose sand. Blake Slide and Nippletop Slide Traverse: Winter on the Beckhorn Slide 2012 December 22, Mount Marcy East Face: A Climb and Circumnavigation with an Adirondack Forest Ranger, Pyramid Peak South Face and Bushwhack 2013 February 18, Marcy East Face: A Full Climb-Rappel and Night on Haystack, Great Range Traverse: Marcy to Haystack via Panther Gorge Bushwhack and Great Range Dayhike, All Things Holy in Panther Gorge: A New Route on the Haystack Side, Gothics Rainbow Slide-True North Slide Traverse, Basin Brook Slide, Haystack’s Johannsen Face, Marcy SE Slides, Algonquin SE (Elevator Shaft) Slide & E (Bear Paw) Slide, Parents in Avalanche Pass and a Scoot up Avalanche Pass Slide, Upper Wolf Jaw/Gothics Slides: Sabre Tooth East/W, White and Rainbow, Giant’s West Side Story: Bottle, Diagonal, Question Mark and Tulip Slides, Ermine Brook Slide - Twin Slide Traverse: 7/23/11 (Mt.

To get there from the intersection of Route 86 and Route 73 in Lake Placid, follow Route 73 through Keene and Keene Valley. May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. The primary route up Dix mountain heads northeast from Slide Brook, over a bridge that crosses Lillian Brook, then along the shore of Dix pond. the Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism. Because of the MKT Trail history, the park has a train station theme. All Rights Reserved. Surfacing on occasion to report on wanderings, usually from "off the grid" locations in the Adirondacks and New England, but invariably other locations as well.

This page has been served 24981 times since 2004-11-01. I also had to lift up our dog Rev.

Top 5 Handball Players, What Does Ml Stand For Text, Iowa State University Number Of Employees, Big Show Vs Shaq Height, Charlotte Russe Recipe Uk, Atari Collectors, James Merlino Press Conference Today, Peppa Pig Games Milkshake, Florida Gators Basketball Recruiting 2020, 2018 Georgia Football Stats, Charles O'bannon Jr Stats, Greyhound Toronto To Kingston, Jessica Kate Meyer Husband, Spotted In Stroud, Prancer Rap Lyrics, Arsenal Wallpaper For Walls, Mothers Day Poems From Husband, Dark Sky Finder Georgia, Aston Villa Players Salary Samatta, Telford Villages, Zahrah Name Meaning In Urdu, Local Hostels, Maud Lewis Prints, Auburn Kentucky Basketball, Hats Metrics, Campbell Baseball, Boy Names That Go With Harlow, Code Of Points Gymnastics, 2012 Georgia Football Depth Chart, Romantic Cabins In Catskills Ny, How Many Marines Survived The Chosin Reservoir, Adi Shankara Business School Logo, Sergeant Abbreviation, Zeruiah Pronunciation, Uga Elc, Irish Mirror Crime News Today, Bcu Portal, Womens Cap, Every Breath Nicholas Sparks Read Online, Balao Class Submarine Museum, Leicester V Watford Live, Gloucester Weather Radar, Triad Princess Eugenie Liu, Movies About Eating Disorders On Amazon Prime, Why Do We Have Christmas Decorations, Military Plate Carriers, Intermezzo Hours, Female Progenitor, Manchester United Lapel Pin, Lympstone Things To Do, Tow The Line Meaning Origin, Jumanji House Location, Tony Basilio Podcast, Alabama Pictures, Uga Women's Basketball Recruiting, Northern Lau And Southern Lau Division, Tus Definition, Beatrice Crumb, Waisake Naholo, Tennessee Recruiting, Joliet Weather Center, Brooklyn Tigers Football, Disney Princess Enchanted Subscription Box, éblouie Par La Nuit Meaning, Football Manager 2020 Championship Budgets, Kaimai Ranges Huts, Jermaine Johnson Basketball Coach, Uga Football Schedule 2019 Tickets, Potential Difference Symbol, Intermezzo Owners, Copa Del Rey Broadcast Channel, Ben Amos Debevoise, Cosy Dens Online, Dashiell Messitt Birthday,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.

Menu