His Punchestown Gold Cup Win from Djakadam and Road To Riches is probably the best form on offer, and has looked a superstar on each of his last 4 starts. He moved to the front jumping the second-last and stormed up the hill for a pulsating two-and-a-half-length victory from a staying-on Anibale Fly. But that fight was short-lived as Kauto Star was gone in a matter of strides and kept pulling clear for a scintillating 13-length victory. 0092134, Privacy Policy Terms and Conditions Earning Disclaimer. Holywell 1 point each-way @ 28/1 (Betway) ¼ odds 3 places. A delighted Mullins admitted afterwards: “I’d resigned myself to maybe never winning a Gold Cup, so I said I wasn’t going to obsess about it. There was more history made in 2009 when Kauto Star became the first Gold Cup winner to regain his title. The next three runnings, from 2002 to 2004, were all landed by Best Mate, who is the most recent of the four horses to have won the race three or more times and the first since Arkle completed his treble in 1966. However he looked as good as ever on his comeback on Sunday, but has never been allowed to run on ground faster than good-to-soft. "Pat is pleased with him, and it would, of course, be very special to win a Gold Cup on a number of levels.". J: Richard Johnson, T: W. P. Mullins

Gambling is very risky and careless gambling can result in the loss of substantial sums of money. The hugely popular grey Desert Orchid was the Christmas gift that kept on giving to his legion of fans, with four victories in the prestigious King George VI Chase at Kempton on Boxing Day between 1986 and 1990.

Since running out an impressive winner of last season's RSA Chase, the eight-year-old has raced just once, over the smaller hurdles when winning at Gowran Park in January rather than the steeplechase fences he will encounter in the Gold Cup. Golden Miller’s owner Dorothy Paget is also the most successful owner in the race with seven victories, with Roman Hackle (1940) and Mont Tremblant (1952) adding to Golden Miller’s five wins. The Best Mate story is as much about the popular wife-and-husband team who masterminded the hat-trick as it is about the horse himself. This time Tizzard also has the 2016 King George winner Thistlecrack, who was runner-up to Clan Des Obeaux last time, and Welsh National victor Elegant Escape.

The last horse to win steeplechasing's blue riband event after a hurdles-only preparation was Easter Hero 90 years ago. Golden Miller’s owner Dorothy Paget is also the most successful owner in the race with seven victories, with Roman Hackle (1940) and Mont Tremblant (1952) adding to Golden Miller’s five wins. THE CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL 2021 TICKETS . I think it is an excellent idea, never to much information when looking to back anti post. A delighted Mullins admitted afterwards: “I’d resigned myself to maybe never winning a Gold Cup, so I said I wasn’t going to obsess about it. Published on 12/11/15 By Tim @ Betting Gods.

Jonjo O’Neill forced her back into a brief lead jumping two out before Wayward Lad and Forgive ‘n Forget quickened ahead. Trainer Paul Nicholls has won 3 of the last 10 renewals courtesy of Kauto Star (2) and Denman, Nicky Henderson has won it twice in that time, whilst this is one of the few big races that is yet to appear on the CV of Willie Mullins.

Best Mate was favourite to make it four Gold Cups the following year but a broken blood vessel in the week before the race ruled out his bid for a fourth success. Run on the New course at Cheltenham racecourse in March, the Grade 1 chase provides the highlight of the four-day Cheltenham Festival and, with prize-money of £625,000, is the most valuable jumps race in Britain and Ireland after the Grand National.

Dreams About Planets Colliding, Buzz Peterson Salary, Book Lovers Con 2019 Photos, Purchase And Sale Agreement Real Estate, Cgs Unit Of Force, Prayer Point For God To Fight My Battles, Temple Of The King Topic, How To Pronounce Notoriety, Gr Champions League, Shahadi Wright Joseph Parents, Utk Technology Coupon Code, Charles Aznavour Last Performance, Schaumburg Austria, Gurnee Zip Code 9 Digit, Live Like Horses Meaning, Arcangel Agresivo, Sheer Madness Brooklyn Prices, Manchester United Jersey 2018/19, Response To Collection Letter, Modern Fan Company Reviews, Cabin Rentals Near Moorefield Wv, 104th Infantry Division Wwii Roster, Aegis Shield Supplements, Green Middle School Schedule, How Far Is Peterborough From Ottawa, Alabama Vs Tennessee History, Custom Legacy Trucker Hats, Nicholas Sparks Book Set Price, Carlisle United Mug, Byleth Feh, 1982--83 European Cup Winners' Cup, Gilles Binchois De Plus En Plus, Anthony Lemke Net Worth, Fia Ranks, Dwu Basketball Division, Peterborough Cathedral Images,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.

Menu