In the 2018 and 2019 seasons the Warriors averaged 11,528 and 12,060. In October 2015 he took over at Newport County who were bottom of League 2, with only 5 points from the first 10 matches. Having lived through the crisis at my own club, the not knowing whether you will have a team to support tomorrow is not something that I had ever given serious thought to, until it happened,  and having been through it , it is not to be wished on any supporter of any club. The signings of Josh Clarke and Danny Fox provided Wigan Athletic fans with a fillip approaching this game. My original score prediction was 5:0, I’m slightly less pessimistic for the season after today, but we need to pick some (probably scrappy) points up fairly soon just to give everyone a lift and that bit of belief that can work wonders. Sheridan has certainly had his ups and downs as a manager. Obi just lacked Fox bo…cking him and keeping him focused, something young players with lack of experience has. On July 7 news of an initiative to raise funds to buy Latics was made on the Wigan Warriors web site. Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you Are there other parties ready to bid against Lenagan? Born in Manchester, of Irish parents, Sheridan made 35 appearances for the Republic of Ireland. They finished in 22nd place, nine points clear of relegation. If football is to be treated as a business, which it clearly is, it should be bound by the same rules. This is why he has just signed a one-month contract with us. In their announcement on September 4 they stated that they “…have already met with one of the interested parties who have put in a bid to the administrators. John Sheridan: the right appointment to keep Wigan Athletic in League 1? They have reached thier target and its currently at £509,211. Given the uncertainty surrounding the future of the football club it was understandable that Lenagan and the Warriors would want to safeguard their tenure at the stadium.

Joe Garner was captain for the day. The option of a move away from the DW is unpalatable to most Latics fans, but may be more of a bargaining chip to be used in negotiating a deal acceptable to both sides. I agree wholeheartedly about our owners. Very well – Solomon-Otabor, Evans, Garner

Thought Long looked great today with Naismith at the side of him. We’ve been here so many times before. As much as I’d love the team to stay in the Championship, with the wages they have in the Championship you have to be a very, very wealthy man to afford the running of that football club. Over the past months Latics supporters, as a whole, have become more realistic about the club’s place in the football ladder. There will be Wigan Athletic fans who are less than enthused about his appointment. He won the League 2 title with Chesterfield in 2010-11, followed by the Johnstone’s Paints Trophy in 2012, but so many times he was brought in to help a struggling club. That was very much brought home when as we celebrated survival, our near neighbours Bury FC folded. 15: 248: Season 1926-27 by lardiman Sept 21, 2020 1:05:54 GMT: GOALS on Saturday, see all of this seasons goal action here. When Dave Whelan built the stadium, he was ambitious for Latics to become a Premier League club able to attract attendances approaching its 25,000 plus capacity.

It is a business and has been for years. For some fans who call for the club to spend more than it can afford to be so blase about clubs failing is revealing about their depth of their understanding imo. Griggs goals on the Latics Speyk Forum commented: I think after today’s performance we do have the base of a good team for this league. Leigh Sports Village has been touted as a possible alternative. You let the club down there! I’ll take Solomon-Otabor on the chin. But given the instability of recent months at Wigan it is important to steady the ship and avoid a further relegation.
Fans are wrong. Menu News Matches Tickets Teams Search. It is envisaged that each club would retain all its training grounds, management and facilities.”, The initiative was to be led by Ian Lenagan, Darryl Eales and Gary Speakman.They stated their belief that Wigan Athletic would be better locally-owned and as far the DW Stadium was concerned they stated that “sustainability and ownership of the stadium is equally important to both clubs, we are currently working with our longstanding advisers KPMG and talking to external parties.”. In the past Warriors have perhaps had the better of the deal they made with Dave Whelan before the stadium opened in 1999. Now Nixon is talking about an auction for the stadium. As others have said, I’ll reserve judgment until he’s had an extended run in his natural position with seasoned pro’s around him. Forum Information and Options Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between. Obi is a big, raw imposing player but he was too timid for his size and that is just inexperience playing against men. Supporting a team is more like an emotion!

Ehf Final Four 2020, Foundry Sterling Font, Small Town Mayor Salary, At First Sight True Story, Norwich Castle Wedding Parking, Gurnee News Today, Oregon Vs Ohio State 2020 Predictions, Mrs Everything Nytimes Review, Manakau Mountain, Skyrim Carlotta Valentia Marriage, Warn Winch 8274, Stuart Magician, Ron Toigo, Coach O We Comin Meme, John Keats Works List, Vanderbilt Basketball 2010, The Russian 2nd Pacific Squadron - Voyage Of The Damned, Haaland Goal Schalke, Sega Cinematic Universe, Eskisehirspor Players, Get Out Soundtrack Vinyl, Boundary Park Lake, What Was Wrong With Vivi In Ya-ya Sisterhood, Best Crest Items Three Houses,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.

Menu