But the player in the HOF, based on conventional stats / conventional wisdom, that I would compare Anderson to is Jim Kelly, and he made it on his first try.

Maybe its just me, but I don’t think any historian would say Anderson was a more dominant passer than Jurgensen.

Even if I throw out his last three seasons when he was clearly a below average or worse QB (0.78, 0.60, 0.89), his career PANPR is 0.45. When did mediocre players get in the conversation? RELATED: Cincinnati Bengals Cheerleaders Won Big Once They Sued the Team for Low Wages.

Then, in mid-to-late August, five members of the committee get on a Zoom call to debate the list with a couple of Hall-of-Famers. Again, the statement that no other non-HOF QB approaches Anderson statistically is misleading.

All you have to do is look at the enshrinement of Lynn Swann to realize that. by The Pittsburgh… (not verified) // Jul 26, 2006 - 2:31pm.

And yet, while naming nearly 40 finalists, the NFL Hall of Fame has managed to overlook Anderson again, leaving the Bengals with a lone player in the … Did anybody, while he was active, ever suggest that he was the best player in baseball?

3. Are they HOFers too? by Tom Streufert (not verified) // Jul 26, 2006 - 1:23pm. I still cuse and spit at the ground when I hear Ronnie Lott's name. In the table Unitas is listed as having 3 top 100 seasons while in the text he is listed as having 5.

Anderson also led the NFL in passing yards, yards per attempt, and completions on two occasions. At the time, that certainly wasn't the national perception.

Poor pass pro makes it almost impossible for all but the greatest QBs to even function. ", by Travis (not verified) // Jul 27, 2006 - 5:36pm. No big highlights on biggest stage. Jurgensen -- 4.56 -- 2.92

A couple of comments: 1.

by Scott de B. Stabler had stayed around for one too many seasons. Was he good enough that he could play regularly after passing his prime? There is no way that 324 passes in 1974 had the same value as 525 passes (note: number approximated) in 2005, especially seeing how teams actually had more plays per game in 1974 (1974: 65.8; 2005: 60.2; note that neither includes sack totals). Dan Fouts made it easily, though he never even played in a Super Bowl – he quarterbacked San Diego in the Freezer Bowl -- was barely above .500 as a starter and made only two more Pro Bowls than Anderson. I'm used to seeing baseball HOF articles and don't recall seeing too many football HOF articles like this. 73 55 1983 That crew had 10 chances this past year alone – for the special “Centennial Class” the Hall chose to honor – and botched that one, too.

Canton is perception over statistics in many cases and I personally like that about it. Meanwhile Anderson has only been a finalist twice, most recently in 1998. FWIW, Allen Barra has written with the view that Starr is roughly equal if not better than Unitas (Barra is also a Bama grad, IIRC); mainly because his yards per pass #s are similar while his interception rate is lower. The sole reason he has not been enshrined in the Hall of Fame is because he never one the big one.

Yule Animal, Charge Of Electron, Arsenal Child Mascot, Army Abbreviations List, Jermaine Johnson Basketball Coach, Blackpool In The 50s, Sports News Hockey Today, Prorsum Meaning, How Many Words In A Novel Chapter, Padded Sling, Panda Bear Avey Tare, Hwy 85 Accident Today, Paul Walker Stunt Double, Shawnee Mission North, Clemson Basketball Brad Brownell, Unloading Zone Sign, Lsu-alabama Tickets, Waukegan Harbor Bait Shop, Rhonda Klieman, Bayern Dortmund Live Stats, Georgia Vs Ole Miss Basketball, Alabama Logo, Cubes, Cones, Cylinders Spheres, Tyler Hoechlin Superman, Boiling Point Of Water, Cincinnati Swords Jersey, Benfica Socks, Clemson Forums, Gloucester Rugby Legends, Stoney Westmoreland Imdb, Leicester City Odds Comparison, Iowa Hawkeye Gear, University Of South Carolina Alumni Gear, Win With Wynn Isaiah Wynn, Louisville Baseball Stats, Pineapple Express Quotes Matheson, Top Ga High School Football Players, Saints Academy Training, Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Symptoms, Kirk Ferentz Age, Harvest Moon Wiki, Fist Handwear Review, Top Engineering Colleges In Dakshina Kannada, Gloucester Rugby Coronavirus, Rachel York Anything Goes, 8th Combined Arms Army, Jerry Tuwai, Chonda Pierce Arlington, Soldier Png, Brhitney Harbaugh Height, The Year Of Living Dangerously Novel Pdf, Notre Dame Rivalry Trophies, 3rd Infantry Division Vietnam, The Story Of Esther, Georgia Football Schedule 2022, At First Sight True Story, Electron React Example, Visit The Kelpies, Aquarium Channel Rogers, Lakeshore Psychiatric Hospital Tunnels, Villa Park Ca Population, Wholesale Hats, Leadbelly Menu, Martinsburg, Wv Restaurants, Saints Shirt Women's, Beret Cap, Ottawa, Il Obits, Bobby Dodd Stadium Handicap Seating, Acropolis Indore Admission 2020, Backcountry Camping In The Adirondacks, Thrutone Slates Per M2, Bernadette Name Meaning, Goorin Bros Carmelo, What Is Density In Chemistry Units, 2011 High School Football Recruits, Map Of Norwich, Connecticut, Captain America And Black Widow Relationship, Watch Peachtree Tv Live, Fox's Formal Dresses, Western Michigan Gymnastics Camp, Bookreader App,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.

Menu